Hunter O. Hewitt is a digital marketing aficionado in the online media industry.
Hunter is based in Dallas, Texas and currently works in a content marketing role.
As a transplant from the world of print media, Hunter stays true to his journalistic background. But he’s also very comfortable with the rapidly growing mobile-first mentality of B2B and B2C digital content creation and marketing.
Hunter’s hands-on experience includes:
- Writing, editing, publishing and updating/maintaining several articles that are top Google search results with more than 1 million page views
- Amassing more than 15 million page views on bylined articles, landing pages and websites
- Planning, customizing, writing, designing, coding and scheduling newsletters sent to more than 5 million weekly subscribers
- Mastering WordPress and other CMSs
- Developing an overall content marketing strategy
- Collaborating with other marketing teams (social, email, search) to create an integrated digital experience
- Crafting social media teasers and graphics that received hundreds of shares and likes on Facebook, Twitter and/or Instagram
- Leading and executing paid “Sponsored Content” campaigns and “Social Swaps“
- Managing projects involving visual designers, UI/UX specialists and developers…speaking their language
- Analyzing website data via Adobe Analytics
- Producing visual content via multimedia editing programs (Adobe Creative Suite, Final Cut Pro)
Hunter is a proud graduate of San Diego State University.
While playing football for the Aztecs, he studied journalism with hopes of someday finding a career as a sportswriter. He earned his degree in journalism with a minor in speech communication from SDSU.
After graduating, Hunter worked for:
- San Francisco Chronicle as the University of Cal athletics beat writer
- CBS College Sports Network as a content producer for official Big 10 and SEC school websites
- Active.com as an editor and the fitness, nutrition and outdoors channel manager
- AT&T as a B2B marketing manager
- BSN SPORTS as a content marketing specialist
Hunter has also produced published works for The Daily Aztec, East County Magazine, GoAztecs.com, Lamorinda Weekly, SportStars Magazine, Rivals and Mountain West Connection.
You can find Hunter Hewitt on
- pretty much any other social media website he could potentially rank for in Google